I made heavy use of the food processor, but this could all be done easily by hand.
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or just mix oregano and basil)
2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chop the onion and garlic in a food processor till finely diced. Place in a medium bowl.
- Put the beans into the processor and process to a mushy paste, drizzling in a teeny bit of olive oil to help it along (stop while there's still a little texture). Add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir it all up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray it with olive oil.
- Shape the mix into four patties and cook for 5 minute on each side.