Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A few of my (current) favorite things

Some vegan things I'm thankful for this year:
Clementines. Tart and sweet and oh so orange-y. I pop 'em like candy.

Frozen fruit. Since I have a smoothie almost every day, I keep a wide variety of fruit in my freezer so I can make whatever suits my fancy. Blueberry cherry, cherry banana, strawberry mango, I could go on and on and on.

I've blogged about this stuff before. It's really awesome. I like it in blended up oatmeal, but it also makes a mean pumpkin pie.

In defiance of the Whole Paycheck theory, WF brand shampoo, conditioner and bodywash are the cheapest I've found anywhere (about $2.50 a bottle). They're also free of animal products and parabens, have not been tested on animals, and work pretty darn well.

Oatmeal! Sometimes I have it twice a day.

I make my own chai tea lattes, without the honey (or $3+ price tag).

So flavorful. Compare this to Libby's and it's night and day.

A scoop a day keeps the protein deficiency away.

Simple ingredients, really good.

I thought I hated almond milk, I actually just hated Almond Breeze. This is creamy and pleasantly almond-y.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


Ricki said...

Some great items, there! I love Clementines, too, and I use the same Rice protein powder as you. Never tried Mimicreme or Almond Dream (actually I don't think they're available here yet), but they both sound terrific!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

jessy said...

aren't clementines just the best?! i soooo love them! yay! and hooray for TJ's pumpkin, too! just tried some last week in a pumpkin cheezecake - divine! dan loves pea protein, too! he's got this pea protein & brown rice protein mix that he loves to put in his "after workout recovery shakes"! yay!

hope you had a rock'n thanksgiving, too!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I buy that WF shampoo too! I love how cheap it is, whereas all the other organic brands are more than $7!

And ahhh, the joy of Clementines (especially the ones I used to get in Japan that didn't have seeds!)

mad about udon said...

$2.50 a bottle!!!!!!! Whole foods, come to Canada... now!

Scott Grzybek said...

Hi Kate -

I have a product line I would love for you to review - Zukay Live Foods raw, vegan and naturally fermented salsas and relishes ( We don't cook them, and they're all naturally probiotic. Pretty cool stuff, and we make it up the road from you in Lancaster PA. We're in all the Whole Foods - in fact, I'll be demoing them in Silver Spring Thursday evening and P Street Saturday morning. Come check us out!
Thanks -