Wednesday, September 24, 2008

is it lunch time yet?

Here's what I've packed for lunch tomorrow, using my nifty new stainless steel lunch kit.
In the main bowl, a whole lot of carrots and grape tomatoes with a drizzle of flax oil, a big shake of nootch, and a pinch of kosher salt. I love having all kinds of raw veggies this way - covers the omega-3 and B-12 bases while adding great flavor. In the top tray, some whole wheat pita bread cut up small. Off to the side, a cup of french lentil soup from a V'con recipe (but of course). I've made this soup so many times now I don't even have to think about it, and it's great to play around with a vary. This time I used brown lentils instead of french, since that's what I had on hand, and it's still awesome. The apple is local - yay for apple season!

I need to find a cuter container for the soup...

2 comments:

jessy said...

ooooooo! i super love your stainless steel lunch kit! the mix 'o nutrition + yumminess over the veggies sounds really good. i keep forgetting about flax seed oil. i might just have to pick some up! i think the soup looks rock'n! isn't it great when you've got a good recipe memorized?! yay!

i too say hooray for local apple season, indeeds! :D

Bianca said...

That's a great idea for raw veggies. Sometimes, I get bored eating them plain or with vegan ranch. I'd like to try the nooch/flax drizzle next time. I always put nooch and flax oil on my popcorn.