Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Here Goes!

I've wanted to start a blog since I became a vegan (January 1st of this year - 5 months and counting!) and now, at 11:30 when I should be sleeping, I'm finally doing it. Vegan blogs were a huge help to me in deciding to go vegan and sticking with it; I hope I can help someone else out.

Most of the blogs I read are full of great recipes. I wish I could add to that, but I'm a cook, not a chef. I can follow a recipe, but most of my own creations tend to fail. Horribly. There was one particular incident with stir-fried eggplant and quinoa that makes me shudder just thinking about it. But I've always appreciated it when blogs give reviews and thoughts about recipes from popular cookbooks, so you'll probably see a lot of that here. I'll also post about my favorite spots for vegan food in the DC area and other places I travel.

I'd love to make some new friends, local and far-flung, so drop me a line!

No comments: